In this blog I shall be talking about my conclusion about this project and in which way it helped learn and develop. Firstly I would like to start with the aspect of working together with a group on a game and succeeding in doing something is quite something incredible. Thus I have learned so much in managing, deadlines and work psychology within my groups dynamics. The flow between the group members has been great as communication, motivation and willing to help each other has always been there.
I have learned and seen the possibilities of code used within unity and thus solved problems that I would have never thought I would able to solve. Which includes working a 3D world but using 2D sprites and mechanics, integrating animations made by the lead graphic to fit the movement of the enemy and figuring out how to make a crosshair system whilst unity lacks an easy dynamic crosshair system.
When we come to how our project came to be, my opinion suggests that it is a working game that has beginning, middle and an end. But perhaps my gripe could be that I am not 100% satisfied with it. I’ve thought about the reasoning behind it and came to the conclusion that more could have been done. For example a settings menu where volume could be adjusted, an infinite mode with a high score system instead of the game ending with a boss and perhaps more enemy types such as our turtle concept where immobile entities attacked with slow moving torpedo projectiles against the player. This makes me understand the time schedule process of game making more as the experience of building this game has thought me manage my time according to the time limitations.
As a conclusion I would like to say that game making is not a process that can be perfected, but as experience will build up, I hope it will become a more apparent process to me. I have learned a lot during the process of this ten week project which I hope bring out for the next project.